About Emily, about Flow
Beyond following the philosophical context of Flow, Emily Rademacher tends to go with the flow in a photo shoot. She believes that photography should capture an event, not become it. Having worked as a photo journalist for 7 years, she learned to work with the environment around her.
What is Flow?: "In positive psychology, Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity." The philosophy was named by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Try that in a spelling bee!
Emily is a Truckee - Tahoe native, a mom, an artist, a healer, a bonfire singer, and a nature lover. She spends as much time as possible enjoying the amazing trails, rivers and lakes of the Tahoe region.
• AA Liberal Studies Santa Barbara City College
• AA Graphic Design and Photography Santa Barbara City College
• Studies in Journalism with an emphasis in Advertising at University of Reno Nevada
• "I have used Emily for my wedding and boudiour photography and I will use her for my pregnancy photos, my family photos, and my children's photos. She is not just a photographer, she's an artist."
• "With her witty humor and her warm professional demeanor you can't help but have an authentic experience. Each picture truly captures the reality of the moment." - Amy Renn
• Owner of Flow Photography 2016 to present
• Owner of Emily Dettling Photo & Design from 2006-2016
• Photographer and Photo Editor for Moonshine Ink from 2008-2014